I suggest you ...

Valid words not accepted

Other PeopleFun games (I.e. Word Chums) allow words that WordScape rejects. Valid words are valid words, no?

158 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    under review  ·  AdminKenny (Admin, Peoplefun) responded  · 

Do you mean bonus words? We have purposely restricted some words from the bonus. We are considering expanding it soon.  Thanks

110 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I wish you would use a better dictionary. I have input many valid words that should have been accepted as bonus words but are rejected. I don't know what dictionary the game Alphabetty uses but it has everything.

Negro is a word. To not allow it is to try to erase an entire race and it’s culture.

• Juras commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

mars doesn’t even have to be a place name. It could be a verb, as in ‘to mar’ something. So it surprises me that this one is rejected as a proper noun.

• Danny commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Just now I had Cuba and Mars rejected. Someone commented earlier that they had Asia rejected... got some problem with place names?

Really disappointing that valid words are not accepted. I have been unlearning all my correct spelling learning because there is no English version available and now my subconscious is doubting it's spelling ability. Shame

Pointless. If real words are not accepted then why play this? Let’s see if delete is a real word.

Love this game, but it's annoying when valid words aren't accepted. I anticipated it would follow pretty much the same dictionary as Scrabble, but that doesn't seem to be the case. :-/

• Haze commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

2 words that were not accepted just today - SEA and ABET

What's the point of playing when a word like ADS is ok and SEA is not.

I understand eliminating yucky, gross or overly sexual words but what is wrong with a word like

Orate?

Level 266

Level 193 will not except the words impose in the word amps. Those are the only two words that makes sense.

Level 183 will not accept impose and imply....The only two words that will fit in the left-hand side.

You need to add wont (no apostrophe) to your dictionary: it is a valid word, which means one’s behavior in a particular situation/ behavior or habit/ become accustomed. Such as “It was his wont to tip 25% when he got really good service”

yeah... the dictionary is downright bizarre. certain archaic words are accepted but other unusual but still used (i use'em!) are not accepted. weird.

• Bosley commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Trice. Trice is a word!!! There are SO MANY words not accepted... and so many abbreviations that are! Reno ??? Really?! Whoever is adjudicating seems to have a very modern and restricted vocabulary. So many words that are not accepted!

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6

Feedback and Knowledge Base