I suggest you ...

Valid words not accepted

Other PeopleFun games (I.e. Word Chums) allow words that WordScape rejects. Valid words are valid words, no?

163 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

122 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Cathy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

What makes not accepting valid words more painful is when you include in puzzles words that are not in the dictionary. Example: Level 2550 has the word “Blam.” That’s not a word! You also accept shortened versions of some words, but not others, e.g. “ammo” but not “mic.” I’ve had many valid words excluded: ester, wale, creel, etc. I support excluding profane or vulgar words. All others should be accepted and granted points.

• ML commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Level 516 “garner” was not accepted as a valid word either

• ML commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Level 501 “saccade” was not accepted as a valid word!

• Miss Gwen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I totally agree with previous comments and to respond to Kenny in customer support: No, we're not just talking about bonus words. I try vaild words on a daily basis that aren't accepted, e.g. lee, like the lee side of a boat, teal but not aqua - really? Updating your database based on the Scrabble standard seems like a great idea.

• Clare commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi. On Level 507, the letters are JUNKIE, I entered the word JUNE and it was rejected. Just curious why that might be. It is the first time I have experienced this after over 500 games.

• PongStar commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I look up many words that are not accepted. Then l see if it is a valid Scrabble word and it is ! Scrabble set the standard for word games!

• Kathrine commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Duh people. They've restricted bonus words because they want you to BUY the coins. They shouldn't do it, but they do.

Also Velcro is a proper noun.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I wish you would use a better dictionary. I have input many valid words that should have been accepted as bonus words but are rejected. I don't know what dictionary the game Alphabetty uses but it has everything.

Negro is a word. To not allow it is to try to erase an entire race and it’s culture.

• Juras commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

mars doesn’t even have to be a place name. It could be a verb, as in ‘to mar’ something. So it surprises me that this one is rejected as a proper noun.

• Danny commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Just now I had Cuba and Mars rejected. Someone commented earlier that they had Asia rejected... got some problem with place names?

Really disappointing that valid words are not accepted. I have been unlearning all my correct spelling learning because there is no English version available and now my subconscious is doubting it's spelling ability. Shame

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7

Feedback and Knowledge Base