I suggest you ...

Valid words not accepted

Other PeopleFun games (I.e. Word Chums) allow words that WordScape rejects. Valid words are valid words, no?

145 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    under review  ·  AdminKenny (Admin, Peoplefun) responded  · 

Do you mean bonus words? We have purposely restricted some words from the bonus. We are considering expanding it soon.  Thanks

94 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

You need to add wont (no apostrophe) to your dictionary: it is a valid word, which means one’s behavior in a particular situation/ behavior or habit/ become accustomed. Such as “It was his wont to tip 25% when he got really good service”

yeah... the dictionary is downright bizarre. certain archaic words are accepted but other unusual but still used (i use'em!) are not accepted. weird.

• Bosley commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Trice. Trice is a word!!! There are SO MANY words not accepted... and so many abbreviations that are! Reno ??? Really?! Whoever is adjudicating seems to have a very modern and restricted vocabulary. So many words that are not accepted!

• Tres commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Perhaps allow feedback on words to be considered. Lee, lea, hale and tat are valid words.
        You’d bleed off a lot of frustration from word-game lovers if you just allowed us to put those real words SOMEWHERE!

• Harold W Donaldson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

On level 4054 I am stuck because the puzzle contains the word 'hale', according to the hints, yet does not accept it.

Has a stupid butterfly over the block. It won’t accept letters I put in. Oh!Wait, yes it does, if you pay for a freaking hint. Don’t bother emailing back. I’m deleting this app!

Last response to this post was over a year ago. How long does it take to at least get an update on the status of this suggestion for adding acceptable bonus words???

• Rosita Haese commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Some valid words are rejected, many times over, and after you purchase a letter.. that same word is then accepted!!!
        Please fix that urgently.. as I have wasted multiple 100’s of coins with this problem!

• Wendy Johnson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have reached OCEAN BLUE Level 859 - 11. After putting in CRUCIAL as the last remaining word to that puzzle your program would not accept it. As I could find no alternative I finally looked at your solving site and found CRUCIAL there as the correct word. Can you please explain why your site will not accept it ? Thank you.

• Adrienne commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Today is Aug 6, 2018. I played the daily puzzle just now which consisted of E E W T T R as the possible letters. I tried to enter "Ewer", but the word was not recognized. I new Ewer was not in the puzzle, but I should have gotten credit for it as a Bonus word (in the bottom, left-hand corner of the window). This word is not archaic, though it is rarely used these days, and there is nothing inappropriate about it. It isn't slang or "rude". So, I see no reason why a perfectly legitimate dictionary word that doesn't fall into those understandable restrictions would be withheld from the valid list in Wordscapes. (For the record, I did not read the 78 comments under this initial post.)

Why is there so many invalid words. Is this only American language? Doesn’t make sense to us in the UK

• Gary commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes there are huge numbers of valid words that are not afford by the game, and even worse... Many answers they accept and want are not actual words, but prefixes, etc or capitalized place names. They need a way better dictionary.

• Debbie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have the same problem with Dropwords. It won’t accept valid words such as visitation and experience yet will accept AO, NY, AA.. and even some proper nouns. What is with these games?

← Previous 1 3 4 5

Feedback and Knowledge Base