I suggest you ...

be consistent with the words! A big mix of slang, abbreviations, some foreign words but not others, lots of common words not accepted.

102 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Liz shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

34 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Teresa LeFevre commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

My husband and I play this game on our phones. Today’s daily puzzle, he got 8 bonus words and I couldn’t enter any of them on mine. WTF!! Same game. Same day. One player can use words, the other can’t. Hmmmmmmm

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

100% agree. Totally inconsistent in what is accepted, with some pretty basic words getting missed. One puzzle let me play “elated” but not “elate”! That’s pretty bad.

• Brian commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I don’t require a reply. Many words are not accepted. Steed, lee just to name a recent few.

Totally agree, lazy use of the built in phone auto correct dictionary which is guaranteed to dumb down anyone's English. Arbitrary use of slang, proper nouns and abbreviations if the puzzle compiler runs out of possible words from their IPhone. Maybe they should invest in an English dictionary.

• Nika commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Alps is a word. The southern alps for example
        I agree with all the other commenters about the inconsistency of words being ok or not.

This is so true!! Frustrating to say the least. Is there somewhere we can words that are not acknowledged?

• Jeff Kramer commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

“Fader” is word, folks.
        If you can accept “Ooh” and “Flinty” you can damn well accept “Fader.”
        Honestly, I want to ask: has anyone EVER had a reason to use the word “Flinty” EVER in their lives?

• Vivian Anderson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Totally agreed. Proper nouns inconsistent as well: just got Apache but I can’t get any other proper nouns? What gives.

• Jeff Kramer commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Totally agree! Driving me nuts. “Abs” turns up time and time again, but “Larch” is rejected. (Where’s my Monty Python fans?) “Hale” is rejected. WTF? Since when does “ooh” count as a word.

• AB commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This puzzle is not accepting the word “pierce.” What the heck?!

• Laura Davidson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Get together guys and gals all common words should be excepted. Not the words you happen to choose for one game or another. I get very frustrated using words that don’t fit your game. It’s our game and would like to use our own combinations.

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base