I suggest you ...

Wordscapes Tournament Cheating!

Something should be done about it. The three times that I’ve participated in these tournaments, someone appears out of nowhere, ahead of everyone else with a huge score, about 30 minutes before the tournament is over! The only explanation for this happening, is that there is cheating going on! The people at Peoplefun should find a way to STOP this, because it is NOT fair to the rest!!

94 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

300 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Chaste commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

a couple of truths...when you finish the games, clear your data and start again. It's a little like being reborn. You can play offline and show up later with a lot of points.
        It has become my opinion that tournaments fill up with 50 players and then a new tournament starts, just depends when you start. Lolo has a lot of sense and a apparently alot of common sense. Manco seems to have a desperate need to be admired. Sorry dude.The game is great fun and no matter how good you are, somebody will be better. That's what makes it fun.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Sometimes you play offline and when you get online again it adds your score all on once. I’ve played on flights while my phone is in airplane mode and when you land and take it off, it all gets added.

• LoLo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Shell if you download the app again, you click on “no ads” and then it tells you that you don’t have to pay again. Ever. I’m on my 4th round and it is very worth it. You learn so much and get so much better each time. But to anyone who is full of complaints then for sure go away.

• sheil commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a bogus app! I ran out of games
        and they simply said "more games in the future"
        They suggested going to a new game but I paid
        for "NO-ADS" already and now with the new game
        I have to see a bunch of ads. The customer support is
        terrible. I was in the middle of a tournament.

I’m thinking about quitting this game because all the cheating going on. How can someone go from 1100 points to 2600 in two hours ? No fun for anyone please do something to make it mire even . Carl

I won a tournament recently by sitting for 3 hours and playing! Now I’ve gotten to the harder part of the game and I’m not as fast. I didn’t cheat.

• Manco commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

LoLo, what was your highest tournament score? Mine was 7753. Is that good?

• LoLo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I ran out of levels near the end of last week’s tournament. It looked like I was still going to win 2k coins though because I like to keep 1000 points ahead of #2. So I kept changing my name to things like “ImOutOfLevels” and “CantUse2000Coins.” The 2nd player changed their name to “DeleteYourApp” which made me laugh happily! So I did! I hope they enjoyed 1st place, they worked really hard for it.
        I deleted my app and downloaded it again and am playing in the tournament this week :) after an initial scare where the t started an hour later (probably bc of DAT)

• Kgkgkg commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Guess my complaint has been posted many times. I was in the middle of this weeks tourny (I was in first place) but I ran out of puzzles. Very disappointed. I truly enjoyed playing in this app.

• Alikatze commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have played all of the levels. does that mean I cannot play in future tournaments? I don't see a tournament in my game this weekend.

• wood commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would enjoy playing the tournament more if I could play against other single players rather than groups of people who use one name that they play under and are therefore tireless.

• Fad commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

stop complaining,You can still enjoy the game without competing no one and even learn lots of new words by playing with it honestly,if others cheat!? Oh well! it’s their loss already not yours!

• Cathy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

There are definitely different tournaments for this game that I believe are based on the ‘brilliance’ level. My husband and I have both been playing on the app for a few months. He began playing after I started. He clicked on the star to join the tournament, and my name wasn’t in his list, and his not on mine. Some were saying that the brilliance levels were there for nothing, but that is evidently not true.

Does anybody answer these comments? I’m Gili in Rhode Island and Oi won the weekend tournament at 4,000 I don’t see anyone cheating. I just play a lot almost obsessively and keep playing till I’m at 1st

• Manco commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Sorry Mikeyo, that was poor attempt at humor, I apologize. I just have a hard time understanding how you could get bonus coins the next day. Also, how could you win a tournament with 1850? I’ve played for 7 weeks now and typical winning scores have ranged from 5000-7000. And how do you know I’m a man? Lol, you sound like an honest player and that’s what matters. I think we’ve established that there are many groups worldwide. I’m merely guessing that time zones play a role in the grouping. What matters to Peoplefun is that we watch the advertisements, so I doubt they’ll ever resolve the cheating.
        What I wish they would do is hold a monthly tournament with invited top players.

• Mikeyo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Just for the record, I won my Tourney about 3-4 hours ago with a mere 1850 odd. It was a 36 hour tourney, & im in Eastern Australia. Strangely I've played in tourneys with most of the names below, including the naughty man who suggested I am taking this "Crystal Meth" thing, which I believe might be one of those 'naughty' drugs.
        Actually I WAS on drugs, I had a virus & spent the weekend in bed playing games. Besides, my dealer is in jail so no meth around just now.
        😘

• Mikeyo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

What is the deal? Are there different tournaments in different places? Or are the dates wrong on the posts below?
        I just won a tourney but names & tallies were different the ones listed below. I saw nothing strange in the one I played. (But then I wouldn't, would I🤣)
        I don't see any point in cheating, what's to be gained?

I find it very interesting that someone can get 100 coins in about 15 minutes while the person who ended up in the #1 spot ended up with over 400 coins in less than 2 hours. These people are either geniuses, they are using the cheat-sheet that is found online for all their words or we are playing against bots. Any ideas?

← Previous 1 3 4 5 14 15

Feedback and Knowledge Base