I suggest you ...

Wordscapes Tournament Cheating!

Something should be done about it. The three times that I’ve participated in these tournaments, someone appears out of nowhere, ahead of everyone else with a huge score, about 30 minutes before the tournament is over! The only explanation for this happening, is that there is cheating going on! The people at Peoplefun should find a way to STOP this, because it is NOT fair to the rest!!

53 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

133 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • NandN commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Love this game. My husband and I play it literally for hours during tournaments. So much so that we’ve completed the game and maxed out our levels. We were in first place, but couldn’t continue. Congratulations Lisaloo. Good game. Wish they’d add more levels. Are tournaments fair? Are we playing others who are at our levels?

• Jordan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It's insanely easy to cheat. All you need is an anagram unscrambler which can be found with a quick Google search. Why would anyone WANT to cheat though? It takes the fun and "skill" out of the game. I have suspected cheating in the past but there is no way to prove it.

• Barry commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The only real way to cheat (like wordscapescheat) is only cheating yourself... out of extra words, extra coins, extra stars, and rapid progress thoroughly exhausting every word in every puzzle for maximum scoring in tournaments. Not to mention, you don’t learn nothin that way.
        No, “cheating” will never beat an intelligent player.

...So, just because you didn’t see it happen, doesn’t mean somebody’s cheating.

This is entirely possible by playing off-line and not being logged in until they’re done playing. The game records the score as they earn stars but doesn’t report it until they are connected to the site.
        I do this to avoid the annoying ads, with a side benefit of hiding my progress in the tournament... like a sneak attack

• Nemesis commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Real people are paying REAL MONEY for hints and Bundles.
        The majority of them may be our ELDERS!! THIS IS CRIMINAL!😥😤😡😠

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I’m confused. The current leader only has 1600 points. How could it be 3200 at 6am?
        By the way, I played at 1 am an between 5-8am. So for those who slept late, my score would have made a big jump. I never caught the leader.

This may be completely true! The current tournament represents a perfect example of How someone could believe this. Around 11pm Friday night the scores were somewhat close together. 1st-850, 2nd-680, 3rd-490, 4th-390, 5th-380. All of a sudden at 6am Saturday, 1st place around 3200 points, that’s around 2400 points in 6 hours????? Some levels you might reach 25 points, some only 7-8 points, so let’s say you average 15 points per level. So 1st place achieved nearly 160 levels or 400 points per hour, throughout the night, if so congrats?

• Gilbert commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have won a few times without cheating. I mean what's the point of cheating? It makes the game tense and just not fun. Last weekend someone got I believe over 6,000 points. It seemed excessive...

• Eric Patterson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have won the tournament several times (Eron2018) and usually score between 1300 to 2000 points. I don't cheat, I'm just very fast and very rarely need any hints at all. I use the tournament to test my skill and compete against myself. After every level completed I check to see where I am and then try to beat it. Several times I was playing for two or three hours straight. My score can jump by about 1000 points in two hours if I'm really in a good mood and determined to win. There's really no benefit to winning because you can't get anything with the coins you win unless you use them for buying hints, or bullseye, or rockets.

• Pee commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I play this while on holiday. We have no internet in the apartment so play then make sure I join some free Wi-fi Sunday evening to update score. So there could be an honest explanation.

In reference to the comment from “anonymous”, I placed second therefore take offence to your accusation I was cheating! I don’t even know how you could cheat at this game!! Don’t be such a sore loser!

• Leezy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I did cheat, this was my first time. I'm sure you were cheating as well unless you had a ton of money for hints. You were up by 1000 pts pretty quickly yesterday.

• SSD commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Dear
        I put so much time effort and energy to win the tournament and finally was placed 9th position. As per the terms top 10 players of the tournament will make 100 times of their coins but I didn’t receive any coins.I feel that I have been cheated.Please fix it else I will delete the game.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7

Feedback and Knowledge Base